For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Luminaries – Sunday, January 29th from 10:00am to 10:00pm (please come for as long as possible) at The Quad. This will be the 42nd annual Luminaries event hosted by UA Circle K to shine a light on childhood literacy. The event promotes our fundraising efforts for Reading Is Fundamental and helps raise awareness as they provide age appropriate books to children in need. Come help us set up the candle bags on the quad and host the event! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Katie Marquis – email@example.com.
2. Red Cross Blood Drive – Monday, January 30th to Wednesday, February 1st from11:00am to 4:00pm on the 3rd floor of the Ferg! Assist with the blood drive! If interested, contact Elly McKinnon – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. UA Arboretum – Sunday, February 4th from 9:00am to 4:00pm (3 hour shifts) at 4801 Arboretum Way, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404. Tasks might include weeding, pruning, picking up sticks, cleaning tree identification signs, cleaning the greenhouses, and more. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and closed toed shoes. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Lenny Luckadoo – email@example.com.
4. University of Alabama Dance Marathon – Saturday, February 11 from 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM at the Ferg. UADM exists to provide financial and emotional assistance to the children and families undergoing treatment at Children’s of Alabama. The year culminates with a 12 hour long event where miracle makers stay on their feet through dancing, games, and entertainment in order to celebrate the total amount raised that year. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Pancake Breakfast – Saturday, March 4 at Central High School. Sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – to help serve pancakes! We also need everyone to sell 5 tickets! See Alisha Goad after the meeting to receive them!
1. Intramural Sports – Circle K is creating intramural teams for the Spring season! Our first sport will be indoor soccer. There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Cole Johnson – email@example.com.
1. Lieutenant Governor Elections – We’ve started nominating members for the position of Lieutenant Governor! Talk to a current board member at the next meeting if you’re interested in being nominated or if you have any questions. You must attend the Spring Rally if you win our club’s endorsement.
2. Board Member Elections – Come to our next meeting if you’re interested in running for a position! Feel free to contact any board member to ask them specific questions about their duties.
This year’s District Convention (DCON) will be held in Birmingham, Alabama fromFebruary 24th to February 26th! DCON will have speakers, development sessions, ideas on how to expand your service, a dance, plus tons of awards to recognize your CKI Club and yourself! Registration is $100 due by February 10th. Please contact Stephanie Fox –firstname.lastname@example.org – with any questions.