For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service, fellowship and leadership opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Moundville Festival – Friday, October 7th from 9:00am to 4:00pm (4 hour shifts) andSaturday, October 8th from 9:00am to 5:00pm (4 hour shifts) at Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be volunteering as performers, artists, craftspeople, and tradition bearers entertain and educate visitors about the rich culture and heritage that makes Southeastern Indians unique. Each volunteer gets a t-shirt and lunch! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com.
2. Therapeutic Riding Of Tuscaloosa (TROT) – Friday, October 7th from 9:00am to 12:00pm and Saturday, October 8th all day at 3200 Clements Rd, Cottondale, AL. Help out Therapeutic Riding of Tuscaloosa (TROT) by volunteering and working with horses. If interested, contact Victoria Booker – firstname.lastname@example.org – or Brenna Marshall – email@example.com.
3. Tri-K Day – Saturday, October 8th at 1105 Fitzpatrick Ave Opelika, AL. We will be joining other branches of the Kiwanis family as we label books for Jean Dean RIF (Reading Is Fundamental), preferred service partner. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Got shoes? Donate gently used or new shoesto help raise money for RIF. We will be collecting shoes at the Tri-K day event, so be sure to bring them then if you haven’t already!
4. Color Run – Saturday, October 15th from 7:00am to 11:30am at Munny Sokol Park, 5901 Watermelon Rd, Northport, AL. We will be throwing colored chalk on the runners! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Aaron Fox – email@example.com.
5. Kentuck Festival of the Arts – Saturday, October 15th from 9:00am-5:00pmat Kentucky Art Center, Northport, AL. We will be assisting in the hands-on arts and crafts while artists present their work. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Emmalee Molay – firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Habitat for Humanity – Circle K has official build dates for Habitat on Monday, October 17th and Friday, October 28th from 8:30am to 12:00pm & 1:00pm to 4:30pm each day. Habitat builds affordable housing for low income families. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org.
- If these dates do not work for you, or if you’re ever interested in using your free time for more service, consider volunteering at another time! Habitat is always looking for more volunteers! There are shifts open from Monday throughSaturday each week! Contact Allie Thatcher – email: email@example.com cell: 251-656-9463 – to set up a shift time that works for you.
1. Jason’s Deli Fundraiser – Circle K is having a fundraising night at Jason’s Deli onWednesday, October 19th from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Bring all of your friends and come join your Circle K Fam for an awesome meal! When you purchase your meal, mention that you’re with UA Circle K and drop your receipt in the GroupRaise.com donation box at the restaurant, and 15% of your meal will be donated to our club to help fund our district service projects! Please RSVP at this link – http://groupraise.com/events/15517 – even if you’re not sure if you can actually attend.
2. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will playWednesdays at 5:30pm! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Alabama Leadership Academy Group Leader Applications – Due by Wednesday, October 5th (tonight!) at 11:59pm. Apply to be a group leader at ALA. At ALA, Circle Kers from all over Alabama have a unique opportunity to grow as leaders, as servants and as individuals in this one of a kind program to explore ways to overcome the obstacles that hold each person back, while developing into leaders capable of taking a stand and making a difference. Contact Stephanie Fox – email@example.com – with any questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, October 11th at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg!