Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting last night! Also, thanks to everyone who volunteered at the Soup Kitchen or came to our Ultimate Frisbeet Tournament last weekend!
Spotlight on Service!
1. West Alabama Walk MS – Saturday, February 28 from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm. Contact Elizabeth Hargadon – email@example.com
2. Glow Run – Saturday, February 21 starting at 6:00 pm at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. Contact Megan Krewsky – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Hearts for Arts – Friday, February 13 and Saturday, February 14 from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 12:00 to 5:00 pm on both days. Contact Eric Powers – email@example.com
4. West Alabama Heart Walk – Saturday, February 14 at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. You can either walk with the Circle K team or volunteer at the event. Directions to sign up to walk are on our Facebook page – UA Circle K. Volunteer shifts are Friday, February 13 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm, and Saturday, February 14 from 6:00 to 9:00 am, 9:00 to 11:00 am, and 11:00 am until the race ends. Contact Jordi Baraad – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Fundraising Committee needs help planning fundraisers for our club and district projects. Contact Jonathan Simpson – email@example.com
2. The Historian Committee needs help making the scrapbook for DCON. Contact Rebecca Brake or Kennedy Studdard – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
1. Spring Rally – Sunday, February 15 from 3:45 to 8:00 pm at Trussville Playstation. $6 will cover the cost of pizza, drinks, and skating. Contact Sarah Kidwell – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. District Convention – February 27 – March 1 in Mobile, Alabama. $195 will cover the cost of the event. Contact Megan Krewsky or Sarah Kidwell – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thanks to Jerry Mims for speaking about the Miracle League and to John Burrows for speaking about Reading Is Fundamental!
We will be electing new officers for our board at our next meeting! Nominations will still be accepted for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Editor, and General Board Members. Remember to dress nicely if you are running or plan on being nominated.