For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities! There’s a lot coming up, so get ready to serve!
Spotlight on Service!
1. P A N C A K E D A Y ! – Saturday, March 4 at Central High School from 5:00am-2:00pm (3 hour shifts, but feel free to sign up for multiple shifts!). The Tuscaloosa Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast is a fundraiser to raise money for Kiwanis organizations. Volunteer duties include: kitchen duty/ clean-up, pancake cooks and serving line servers, drink service, clearing tables, and ticket collection. We’d love to have everyone there! Please sign up on our website – uacirclek.org! Contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com – with any questions.
2. Wings of Grace – Help move winter clothes into storage and spring clothes out of storage and into the store on Monday March 6th, Tuesday, March 7th, and Wednesday, March 8th from 1:00-4:00pm each day at Wings of Grace. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Amy Tedford – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. National Pancake Day – Tuesday, March 7th from 7:00am-7:00pm at IHOP. We will be sharing information about the work of Children’s of Alabama during National Pancake Day at IHOP and get a FREE short stack of our Original Buttermilk Pancakes! In return, we ask that you make a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
4. Health Expo for Heart Walk – We will be tabling at health expo to let people know about the Heart Walk on Wednesday, March 8th from 11:00am-2:00pm (1 hour shifts) at the Ferguson Student Center. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Jordi Baraad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Heart Walk – Friday, March 24th from 1:00-5:00pm (2 hour shifts) and Saturday, March 25th from 6:30-11:30am (2.5 hour shifts) at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. The Heart Walk is the American Heart Association’s premiere event that brings communities together to raise funds and celebrate progress in the fight against heart diseases and stroke. Volunteer duties include set-up of route and village, distribution of information, greeters/registration, cleanup of route and village, and as-needed duties. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Jordi Baraad – email@example.com.
6. Miracle League of Tuscaloosa – The Miracle League is a baseball league for kids with unique abilities. This will be a commitment because you’ll be paired one-on-one with somebody so be sure you can help out on Saturdays in April (April 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th) at Munny Sokol Park. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Carissa Goetz – firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. VA Hospital – Become a VA Hospital patient companion! This is a recurring event on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00am-9:00am or 2:30-3:45pm at Tuscaloosa VA Hospital. You must have a current TB test (taken as of last fall) in order to participate. TB tests and fingerprinting can be done at the hospital on consecutive days to become eligible to be a patient companion. If interested, contact Jordi Baraad – email@example.com.
8. UA Arboretum – Thursdays 2:00-4:00 pm and Fridays 1:30-3:30 pm at 4801 Arboretum Way, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404.
1. Trivia Night! – Join your Circle K fam for a fun night of trivia at Mugshot’s in Tuscaloosa! Trivia begins at 7:00pm, so try to arrive around 6:30pm if possible (and make sure you’re ready to win). If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Madison Knapp – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Intramural Sports – Circle K is creating intramural teams for the Spring season! We will be playing Floor Hockey on Mondays at 5:30pm and Softball on Mondays at 9:30pm. There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Cole Johnson – email@example.com.