For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
IF YOU HAVEN’T SIGNED UP FOR SERVICE PROJECTS YOU WANT TO ATTEND, PLEASE DO SO ONLINE AT uacirclek.org 🙂
1. Dogs (not) on the Quad – Friday, November 11th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm at the Gazebo on The Riverwalk. We will be participating in the Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter’s happy hour with dogs from the shelter to help reduce their stress, get them exercise, and make their adjustment easier! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Temporary Emergency Services – Friday, November 18th from 2:30pm to 5:00pm at Temporary Emergency Services (1705 15th St, Tuscaloosa). We will be working on the garden! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
3. Meals on Wheels – Sunday, November 20th from 8:00am to 9:30pm at Covenant Presbyterian Church. We will be delivering meals to individuals in the community! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox -firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Special Olympics – Iron Bowl – Sunday, November 20th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at the Rec Fields. The Special Olympics team from Auburn will be traveling to UA to compete in a flag football game and we will be helping to run it! The teams are unified, meaning that they are made up of people with and without intellectual disabilities! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Carissa Goetz – email@example.com.
5. Luminaries – Sunday, December 4th from 10:00am to 10:00pm (3 hour shifts available) at The Quad. This will be the 42nd annual Luminaries event hosted by UA Circle K to shine a light on childhood literacy. The event promotes our fundraising efforts for Reading Is Fundamental and helps raise awareness as they provide age appropriate books to children in need. Come help us set up the candle bags on the quad and host the event! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Katie Marquis – firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. ADMINISTRATIVE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES – If you still need your administrative hour, come help us table for Luminaries! We will be tabling at The Ferg on Friday, November 11th / Tuesday, November 15th / Thursday, November 17th from 11:00am to 2:00pm (1 hour shifts) on each of these days! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Katie Marquis – email@example.com.
1. Fall Induction Banquet! – Tuesday, November 15th at 7:00pm at Calvary Baptist Church Annex (1121 Paul W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL). Come join us for an awesome night as we induct new members, hold elections, celebrate awards, and enjoy some delicious dinner! This event is for all members (new or not) and the price has already been included in your club dues (so be sure to pay if you haven’t yet)! This event is in place of our usual Tuesday meeting (and it’s at 7:00pm), so be sure to attend! Dress is business casual. If you have questions or concerns on whether or not you’ve met your new member induction requirements, please contact Carissa Goetz – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will play Wednesdays at 5:30pm and out team color is white! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com.
3. Block Seating – We have block seating for home football games! Come enjoy some Alabama Football with your Circle K Family in section S4, row 46! Block seating requires a lower bowl student ticket and a wristband that must be picked up before entering the stadium. You can pick up block seating bands for the Mississippi State game from Joe this Friday, September 30th from 9:00am to 12:00pm on the 1st floor of Gorgas Library. If that time does not work for you or if you have an questions, contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Alabama Leadership Academy! – Alabama Leadership Academy is a district wide event held on November 18th through 20th in Gulf Shores, Alabama. We will be participating in leadership activities and learning all about Circle K! The cost is $100 for the whole weekend and registration end on November 11th! Contact Stephanie Fox with any questions – email@example.com.
2. Board Member Elections – We’ve started nominating members for the positions of a General Board member for next semester and the New Member Board Member! Talk to a current board member at the banquet if you’re interested in being nominated or if you have any questions.
Induction Banquet (Next Meeting)!
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our Induction Banquet (next meeting) on Tuesday, November 15th at 7:00pm at Calvary Baptist Church Annex (1121 Paul W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL)!