For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
IF YOU HAVEN’T SIGNED UP FOR SERVICE PROJECTS YOU WANT TO ATTEND, PLEASE DO SO ONLINE AT uacirclek.org 🙂
1. Temporary Emergency Services – Friday, November 4th, Temporary Emergency Services (1705 15th St, Tuscaloosa). We will be working on the garden and helping in the thrift store! If interested, contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Serve Better Together – Saturday, November 5th from 8:00am to 2:00pm – location TBD. Better Together unites students of different philosophies by engaging them in service and community engagement projects. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
3. Chalking! – Monday, November 7th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at The Ferg Promenade. Do you still need your administrative hour? Come earn it by helping us chalking outside the Ferg to promote our meeting! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Luminaries – Sunday, December 4th from 10:00am to 10:00pm (3 hour shifts available) at The Quad. This will be the 42nd annual Luminaries event hosted by UA Circle K to shine a light on childhood literacy. The event promotes our fundraising efforts for Reading Is Fundamental and helps raise awareness as they provide age appropriate books to children in need. Come help us set up the candle bags on the quad and host the event! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Katie Marquis – email@example.com.
1. LSU Watch Party! – Saturday, November 5th at 6:30 pm at The Lofts’ Courtyard. Join your Circle K fam at the Lofts to watch the Bama vs LSU football game! Please bring food to share if you can! Roll Tide Roll! Contact Victoria Booker – firstname.lastname@example.org – with any questions.
2. Fall Induction Banquet! – Tuesday, November 15th at 7:00pm at Calvary Baptist Church (1121 Paul W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL). Come join us for a night Under the Sea as we induct new members, hold elections, celebrate awards, and enjoy some delicious dinner! This event is for all members (new or not) and the price has already been included in your club dues (so be sure to pay if you haven’t yet)! If you have questions or concerns on whether or not you’ve met your new member induction requirements, please contact Carissa Goetz – email@example.com. Be on the lookout for an RSVP email! This event is in place of our usual Tuesday meeting, so be sure to attend! Dress is business casual.
3. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will play Wednesdays at 5:30pm and out team color is white! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Block Seating – We have block seating for home football games! Come enjoy some Alabama Football with your Circle K Family in section S4, row 46! Block seating requires a lower bowl student ticket and a wristband that must be picked up before entering the stadium. If you have an questions, contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com.
1. Alabama Leadership Academy! – Alabama Leadership Academy is a district wide event held on November 18th through 20th in Gulf Shores, Alabama. We will be participating in leadership activities and learning all about Circle K! The cost is $100 for the whole weekend! Contact Stephanie Fox with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Board Member Elections – We’ve started nominating members for the positions of a General Board member for next semester and the New Member Board Member! Talk to a current board member at the next meeting if you’re interested in being nominated or if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, November 8th at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg!