For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
IF YOU HAVEN’T SIGNED UP FOR SERVICE PROJECTS YOU WANT TO ATTEND, PLEASE DO SO ONLINE AT uacirclek.org 🙂
1. Kiwanis One Day United Cerebral Palsy Playground – Friday, October 21st from 2:00pm-5:00pm at 1100 UCP Pkwy Northport, AL . We will be working on the grounds and playground equipment with other branches of the Kiwanis Family. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Salvation Army Soup Kitchens – Saturday, October 22nd from 7:00am-8:30am and 10:00am-12:00pm in Montgomery, AL. We will be serving breakfast and lunch at the soup kitchen with other Circle K clubs. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – email@example.com.
3. Trick or Treat for Canned Goods – Tuesday, October 25th from 5:00-7:00pm at local neighborhoods. We will be collecting canned goods for the Wings of Grace food pantry. There will be carpooling. This event will take place instead of our usual weekly meeting, so please attend! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Habitat for Humanity – Circle K has an official build date for Habitat October 28th from 8:30am to 12:00pm & 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Habitat builds affordable housing for low income families. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org.
If these dates do not work for you, or if you’re ever interested in using your free time for more service, consider volunteering at another time! Habitat is always looking for more volunteers! There are shifts open from Monday through Saturday each week! Contact Allie Thatcher – email: email@example.com or cell: 251-656-9463 – to set up a shift time that works for you.
5. Zombie Fun Run – Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:00am-10:00am and 10:00am-1:00pm at Munny Sokol Park. The Zombie Fun Run is being hosted by local Key Clubs to raise money for Children’s of Alabama. We will be helping with registration, handing out t-shirts, timing, handing out medals, and being zombies! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Allie Thatcher firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will play Wednesdays at 5:30pm and out team color is white! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com.
2. Block Seating – We have block seating for home football games! Come enjoy some Alabama Football with your Circle K Family in section S4, row 46! Block seating requires a lower bowl student ticket and a wristband that must be picked up before entering the stadium. You can pick up block seating bands for the Texas A&M game from Joe this Friday, October 21st from 9:00am to 12:00pm on the 1st floor of Gorgas Library. If that time does not work for you, or if you have an questions, contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, November 1st at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg! There is no meeting next Tuesday, so please come trick or treat for canned goods instead!