For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service and fellowship opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Kentuck Festival of the Arts – Friday, October 14th from 8:30am-5:00pm (Festival Setup), Saturday, October 15th from 9:00am-5:00pm (4 hour shifts), and Sunday, October 16th from 9:00am-5:00pm (4 hour shifts) all at Kentuck Art Center, Northport, AL. We will be setting up on Friday, and then assisting in the hands-on arts and crafts while artists present their work on Saturday and Sunday. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Emmalee Molay – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Habitat for Humanity – Circle K has official build dates for Habitat on Monday, October 17th and Friday, October 28th from 8:30am to 12:00pm & 1:00pm to 4:30pm each day. Habitat builds affordable housing for low income families. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org.
- If these dates do not work for you, or if you’re ever interested in using your free time for more service, consider volunteering at another time! Habitat is always looking for more volunteers! There are shifts open from Monday throughSaturday each week! Contact Allie Thatcher – email: email@example.com cell: 251-656-9463 – to set up a shift time that works for you.
3. Kiwanis One Day United Cerebral Palsy Playground – Friday, October 21st from2:00pm-5:00pm at 1100 UCP Pkwy Northport, AL . We will be working on the grounds and playground equipment with other branches of the Kiwanis Family. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Salvation Army Soup Kitchens – Saturday, October 22nd from 7:00am-8:30am and10:00am-12:00pm in Montgomery, AL. We will be serving breakfast and lunch at the soup kitchen with other Circle K clubs. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – email@example.com.
1. Beat Auburn Beat Hunger Can Drive – Bring canned goods to our next meeting (Tuesday, October 18th) to help out with BABH, which is an extension of our partnership with Students Team Up to Fight Hunger (STUFH).
2. Jason’s Deli Fundraiser – Circle K is having a fundraising night at Jason’s Deli onWednesday, October 19th from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Bring all of your friends and come join your Circle K Fam for an awesome meal! When you purchase your meal, mention that you’re with UA Circle K and drop your receipt in the GroupRaise.com donation box at the restaurant, and 15% of your meal will be donated to our club to help fund our district service projects! Please RSVP at this link – http://groupraise.com/events/15517 – even if you’re not sure if you can actually attend.
3. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will playWednesdays at 5:30pm and out team color is white! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, October 18th at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg! Don’t forget your canned goods!