For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service, fellowship and leadership opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Moundville Festival Setup – Friday, September 30th from 1:10pm to 5:00pmat Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be helping set up tents and prepping the park for their busiest time of the year. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Temporary Emergency Services – Saturday, October 1st, from 9:30am to 11:30am at Temporary Emergency Services (1705 15th St, Tuscaloosa). We will be touching up the mural and helping in the thrift store! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
3. Moundville Festival – Wednesday through Friday, October 5th through 7th from9:00am-4:00pm (4 hour shifts) each day and Saturday, October 8th from 9:00am-5:00pm(4 hour shifts) at Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be volunteering as performers, artists, craftspeople, and tradition bearers entertain and educate visitors about the rich culture and heritage that makes Southeastern Indians unique. Each volunteer gets a t-shirt and lunch! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Tri-K Day – Saturday, October 8th at 1105 Fitzpatrick Ave Opelika, AL. We will be joining other branches of the Kiwanis family as we label books for Jean Dean RIF, preferred service partner. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – email@example.com.
- Got shoes? Donate gently used or new shoes at Circle K meetings to help raise money for RIF. We will be collecting donations at meetings until Tri-K Day.
5. Color Run – Saturday, October 15th from 7:00am to 11:30am at Munny Sokol Park, 5901 Watermelon Rd, Northport, AL. We will be throwing colored chalk on the runners! If interested, contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Habitat for Humanity – If you’re ever interested in using your free time for more service, consider volunteering for Tuscaloosa’s Habitat for Humanity! Habitat builds affordable housing for low income families and they’re always looking for more volunteers. There are shifts open from Monday through Saturday each week! Contact Allie Thatcher – email: email@example.com or cell: 251-656-9463 – to set up a shift time that works for you.
1. Volleyball – Circle K has created a Co-Ed Volleyball Intramural Team! We will playWednesdays at 5:30pm! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Alabama Leadership Academy Group Leader Applications – Due by Wednesday, October 5th. Apply to be a group leader at ALA. At ALA, Circle Kers from all over Alabama have a unique opportunity to grow as leaders, as servants and as individuals in this one of a kind program to explore ways to overcome the obstacles that hold each person back, while developing into leaders capable of taking a stand and making a difference. Contact Stephanie Fox – email@example.com – with any questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, October 4th at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg!