For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of our service, fellowship and leadership opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Wings of Grace – Thursday, September 22nd from 1:30pm to 4:00pm at Wings of Grace located next to Forest Lake Baptist Church (107 18th Street, Tuscaloosa). We will be helping the relief center move out summer clothes to get ready for winter clothes! If interested,contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
2. Temporary Emergency Services – Friday, September 23rd, from 2:30pm to 5:00pm at Temporary Emergency Services (1705 15th St, Tuscaloosa). We will be finishing painting the mural! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Therapeutic Riding of Tuscaloosa – Saturday, September 24th at Hueytown Saddle Club. Help out Therapeutic Riding of Tuscaloosa (TROT) by volunteering and working with horses at the Hueytown Saddle Club event. If interested, contact Victoria Booker –email@example.com – or Brenna Marshall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Moundville Festival – Wednesday through Friday, October 5th through 7th from9:00am-4:00pm (4 hour shifts) each day and Saturday, October 8th from 9:00am-5:00pm(4 hour shifts) at Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be volunteering as performers, artists, craftspeople, and tradition bearers entertain and educate visitors about the rich culture and heritage that makes Southeastern Indians unique. Each volunteer gets a t-shirt and lunch! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
5. Tri-K Day – Saturday, October 8th at 1105 Fitzpatrick Ave Opelika, AL. We will be joining other branches of the Kiwanis family as we label books for Jean Dean RIF, preferred service partner. If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Stephanie Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Got shoes? Donate gently used or new shoes at Circle K meetings to help raise money for RIF. We will be collecting donations at meetings until Tri-K Day.
6. Habitat for Humanity – If you’re ever interested in using your free time for more service, consider volunteering for Tuscaloosa’s Habitat for Humanity! Habitat builds affordable housing for low income families and they’re always looking for more volunteers. There are shifts open from Monday through Saturday each week! Contact Allie Thatcher – email: email@example.com or cell: 251-656-9463 – to set up a shift time that works for you.
1. Flag Football – Circle K has created a Co-Ed 7v7 Flag Football Intramural Team! We will play Thursdays at 7:30pm and our team color is blue! There is no fee to play, so if you’re interested in joining, please contact Drew Brasell – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. T-Shirt Design Contest – Due by Tuesday, September 27th.
3. Block Seating – We have block seating for football games! Come enjoy some Alabama Football with your Circle K Family in section S4, row 46! Block seating requires a lower bowl student ticket and a wristband that must be picked up before entering the stadium. Contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com – with any questions.
1. Alabama Leadership Academy Group Leader Applications – Due by Wednesday, October 5th. Apply to be a group leader at ALA. At ALA, Circle Kers from all over Alabama have a unique opportunity to grow as leaders, as servants and as individuals in this one of a kind program to explore ways to overcome the obstacles that hold each person back, while developing into leaders capable of taking a stand and making a difference. Contact Stephanie Fox – firstname.lastname@example.org – with any questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you wonderful people at our next meeting on Tuesday, September 27th at 8:00 pm in room 3104 in the Ferg!