For those of you that could not make the meeting on Tuesday, here are all of the service opportunities!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Moundville – Saturday, April 23rd from 8:00am-4:00pm at The Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be helping to finish restoring Moundville. The goal is to have this project completed by the end of the semester, so please come help! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
2. Temporary Emergency Services – Saturday, April 23rd from 9:00am-12:00pm;Monday, April 25th from 2:00-5:00pm; Thursday, April 28th from 3:30-5:00pm; andFriday, April 29th from 2:00-5:00pm at 1705 15th Street. We will be finishing painting the mural onto the truck! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Glowfest– Sunday, April 24th from 12:00pm-Cleanup at the Tuscaloosa River Market. We will be helping to set up, volunteer during and take down the neon 5k Fun Run that helps benefit Miles for Moms. This event is very important for our organization, so please volunteer! The actual race is 7:00pm-10:00pm with an after party at the finish. If interested, sign up on this google form – https://docs.google.com/a/crimson.ua.edu/forms/d/1qJaPJTcAe1LdZsvbCq6FRP26bVhr5vrbAOUmnOyoz1s/viewform?c=0&w=1 – or contact Michael Moore – email@example.com.
4. Relay for Life – Friday, April 29 from 6:00 pm to Midnight at the UA Rec Center. We will be raising money and awareness for cancer research! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Madison Knapp – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Hot Hundred – Saturday, July 30th from 7:00am-3:00pm at the UA Rec Center. We will be volunteering to hand out drinks and snacks at the rest stops of the 103 mile bike ride! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Jacob Fondriest
6. Move-In 2016 – Thursday, August 4th; Friday, August 5th; Friday, August 12th;Saturday, August 13th; and Sunday, August 14th from 7:30 am-12:00pm pm or 12:30–5:00 pm each day at UA’s Residence Halls. We will be helping move students’ belongings from their vehicles to their dorm rooms. For every volunteer from our organization that completes a shift, we will earn $20 in our organization’s FAC account, so please come volunteer if you’ll be in town! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – email@example.com.
International Convention is being held in Toronto, Canada from June 22nd to June 25ththis year! At ICON, members elect the international executive officers and also vote on amendments to the bylaws of the organization. Of course, it’s not all business. International convention is a time to meet members from around the world, exchange ideas, form lasting friendships and make wonderful memories! The cost of registration is $300, but will hopefully be reduced with Kiwanis help. The hotel for the week will be $150 plus the cost of your food. You can travel from Alabama to Toronto and back to Alabama by van with fellow Circle K members for $175. Contact Justin Crofoot – firstname.lastname@example.org – as soon as possible for more information.
Have a great week!