Thanks to everyone who came to our Mardi Gras themed meeting last night! Here are all of the service opportunities for this week!
Spotlight on Service!
1. Habitat for Humanity – Thursday, February 11 from 1:00 to 4:30 pm at a location TBD. We will be constructing and painting! If interested, sign up on our website,www.uacircle.org, or contact Joe Kirkendall – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tuscaloosa Community Soup Bowl – Friday, February 12 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm at 1711 23rd Avenue. We will be serving food at the soup kitchen! If interested, sign up on our website, www.uacirclek.org, or contact Eric Powers –email@example.com
3. Dogs on the Quad – Friday, February 12 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on the Quad. We will be playing with puppies from the Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter. If interested, sign up on our website – www.uacirclek.org, or contact Eric Powers – firstname.lastname@example.org
4. West Alabama Heart Walk – Saturday, February 13 at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater.We will be volunteering to raise money and awareness for cardiac disease! You can either sign up to walk with the Circle K team or sign up to volunteer at the event. Shift times are available on Saturday, February 13 from 6:00 to 9:00 am, 9:00 to 11:00 am, and 11:00 am until the race ends. If interested, sign up on our website,www.uacirclek.org, or contact Jordi Baraad – email@example.com
5. Moundville – Saturday, February 13 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Moundville Archaeological Park. We will be revitalizing different areas around the park! If interested, sign up on our website, www.uacirclek.org, or contact Alisha Goad –firstname.lastname@example.org
1. UA Basketball v. Texas A&M – Wednesday, February 10 at 6:00 pm at Coleman Coliseum. Remember to bring your ACT Card! Contact Regina Salup with any questions – email@example.com
2. Ultimate Frisbee Tournament – Saturday, February 13 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on the Quad. No skill necessary! Contact Eric Powers with any questions –firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to Jason’s Deli on Wednesday, February 17 from 5:00 to 10:00 pm to help us raise money for Reading Is Fundamental! Contact Anna Phelps with any questions –email@example.com
Our annual District Convention is February 26-28 on campus here at UA! The cost is only $90, and this money will be partially refunded through the FAC Funding Program. Come meet with all the other Circle K clubs from around the state to celebrate the past year of service and elect our new District Board! Contact Justin Crofoot with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our annual Pancake Day will be Saturday, March 5 at Central High School. Individual tickets are $5, and tickets that are bought but are unable to be used can be donated to the soup kitchen! Group sales are also an option and can be delivered that morning! We would love for everyone to sell 5 tickets, and this will earn your administrative hour for the semester! Contact Stephanie Fox to get your tickets – email@example.com
Congratulations to our Members of the Month, Jim Bosley and Victoria Booker, and our Chair of the Month, Anna Phelps!! Also, special thanks to Jordi Baraad for her Why I Serve speech last night! Nominations for officers will continue next week. Positions available are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Editor, and three General Board Members. We will elect the following Tuesday. If running, please be prepared to give a short speech!