Thanks to everyone who came out to our meeting last night! If you didn’t make it, here’s a little about all of the service opportunities coming up!
In order to be inducted as a new member, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
1. Pay $20 dues.
2. Complete six service hours by the induction banquet.
3. Attend at least two meetings per month.
4. Participate in a club fundraiser.
5. Attend a New Member Orientation Session.
Spotlight on Service!
1. Dogs on the Quad – Friday, January 29 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm on the Quad. Come play with puppies to help the Tuscaloosa Metro Animal Shelter! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Eric Powers – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Therapeutic Riding of Tuscaloosa – Saturday, January 30 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pmat 3200 Clements Road, Cottondale. Come help veterans suffering from trauma or children with disabilities through horseback riding! If interested, sign up on our website -uacirclek.org – or contact Eric Powers – email@example.com
3. Moundville – Saturday, January 30 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Moundville Archaeological Park. Come partner with Student Engineers in Action and help us demolish a stairway! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Alisha Goad – firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Habitat for Humanity – Thursday, February 11 from 1:00 to 4:30 pm. Come help us construct and paint a house! If interested, sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Joe Kirkendall – email@example.com
5. West Alabama Heart Walk – Saturday, February 13 at the Riverwalk Amphitheater. Shift time are to be determined. Come help us raise money and awareness for cardiac disease! Opportunities to volunteer or to walk with the Circle K Team are available! If interested, contact Jordi Baraad – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tuscaloosa Eats – Wednesday, January 27 at 6:30 pm at Mugshots. Bring your Student ID to receive 25% off your meal! Sign up on our website – uacirclek.org – or contact Regina Salup – email@example.com
2. Champion Division Rally – Saturday, February 6 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm at Super Bowling Lanes in Birmingham. $15 will cover bowling, pizza, drinks, and a donation to Reading Is Fundamental! Come help us elect our new Lt. Governor and meet Circle K members from all over our division! Contact Justin Crofoot with any questions -firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Ultimate Frisbee Tournament – Saturday, February 13 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm on the Quad. No skill necessary! Contact Eric Powers with any questions -email@example.com
District Convention! (Theme: Build!)
Our annual District Convention will be held from February 26-28 right here on campus!Cost is $90, but hopefully half will be refunded from SGA FAC Funding! Come celebrate our District’s achievements over the past year and meet Circle K members from all across the state! Newly elected club officers must attend. Contact Katie Marquis -firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelsey Lowman – email@example.com with any questions.