Thanks to everyone who came out to the meeting on Tuesday! Also, thanks to everyone who volunteered at our service projects last weekend! Art’s and Autism, and Temporary Emergency Services were both very grateful for our help!
Service highlighted this week:
1. Arts ‘n Autism Outdoor Service Day – Friday, January 30 from 1-4 pm. Contact Amy Tedford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. RIF Readings – February 20 from 9:30-11am at Alberta Head Start, February 24 from 9:30-10:30 am at MLK Elementary, and February 26 from 9:30-10:30 am at Holt Head Start. Contact Eric Roddy at email@example.com.
3. Wings of Grace Service Day – Saturday, January 31 from 10 am-12 pm at Forest Lake Baptist Church. Contact Michael Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Tuscaloosa One Place Mentoring – any day Monday-Friday from 3-5 pm. Contact Megan Krewsky at email@example.com.
5. West Alabama Heart Walk – Satuday, February 14. Shifts are available on February 13 from 1-5 pm or February 14 from 6-9 am, 9-11 am, or 11-the end of the race. Contact Jordi Baraad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fundraising committee needs help planning fundraisers for the rest of the semester. Contact Jonathan (Jonny) Simpson at email@example.com.
1. Spring Rally – Sunday, February 15 at Trussville Playstation. $6 covers pizza and drinks. Contact Sarah Kidwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. District Convention – February 27-March 1 in Mobile, Alabama. $195 covers the cost of the event. Contact Megan Krewsky or Sarah Kidwell at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this meeting we were sorted into families, and Jordi Baraad gave an excellent Why I Serve speech on her dedication to the Heart Walk.